Helmets are made of materials that can be damaged by many commonly available cleaners.
Clean the helmet using a soft cloth or sponge, warm water and mild soap. When drying, be careful the helmet doesn’t get too hot as this can damage the lining and the EPS. Let dry at room temperature, never close heating appliances as too high temperature will damage the inner liner material and inner shell.
Clean the removable liner hand wash using a towel then permit to air dry whenever it’s possible to attenuate heat damage.
The DMD visors are anti-scratch. All the shields are very strong and durable, but they can get damaged. Take care not to expose your shield to any chemicals. Visor cleaning should be done only with warm water and a micro fiber cloth.
After each use, allow the helmet to air dry and then store it in a dry place (preferably in the original helmet bag) where it won’t get damaged.
DMD does not recommend to use any kind of paints or solvents on the helmets. They can damage a helmet so that its protective capabilities are significantly reduced.
The DMD warranty applies for a period of 3 years from the date of purchase.
The warranty covers materials and manufacturing defects.
DMD is not responsible regarding the following issues:
– damages caused by accidents or by mishandling of product
– products modified by purchaser or third party
– reason such as sizing or choice of color and model
– ageing due to normal use of the helmet
– incorrect usage, negligence and/or mishandling of the helmet
– damages caused by exposure to high temperatures
– use of damaging chemical products or alcohol spirits for external/internal cleaning
– scratches of the outer part of the shell, or eventual cracks on the surface and on the visor
– damages due to an incorrect storage of the helmet
– eventual personal problems such as comfort, size, aerodynamics, noises
– anything not covered by “raw materials and manufacturing defects”
DMD has a general recommendation of replacing your helmet every three year.
If the helmet is visibly damaged don’t use it. Some or all of the helmet’s protective capacity is used up when impacted, and the damage to a helmet is not always visible. If you have any questions e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ECE-2205 is a European Community specific helmet standard a helmet has to meet in order to may be used in Europe. Helmets are put through (among others) an impact absorption test to ensure maximum health and safety standards.
The ‘Double D’ ring is at the moment the safest way to fasten a helmet as other fasteners may be damaged easily.
The inner liner is removable in all DMD helmets in order to custom fit the helmet to your head. Please note you can only change between sizes where the shell size is the same. For example changing a Medium in a Large is not possible as the shell size is different.
For example, if you’ve always worn a jet helmet and you would like to buy a fullface model the size guide change slightly.
We do not sell DOT certified helmets in Europe. We have a link for US customers where you will be redirected to our US website.